Dynamic & Intelligent Production
The totally new SIJ-320UV grand-format LED–UV inkjet printer is a high-performance printer developed using Mimaki’s concentrated inkjet technologies to provide good quality printing with a maximum printable width of 3.2 m.
- 3.2 m-wide LED-UV inkjet printer
- LED-UV curing 3.2 m wide grand-format inkjet printer delivers high productivity (Maximum printing speed: 110 m2/h).
- Dedicated roll-to-roll inkjet printer for various signage media, including PVC and other banner materials.
- Mimaki’s superior print-image quality control technology
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4) reduces banding and uneven color printing.
- Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 (MFD1), a patented dithering technique, is incorporated in the Mimaki RIP RasterLink6 software.
- The “waveform control” technique ensures ink droplet landing accuracy.
- Solutions for uninterrupted printing operations
Nozzle check unit (NCU) automatically detects and cleans clogged nozzles. Moreover, the nozzle recovery system (NRS) uses only good nozzles as substitutes, if the clogged nozzles are not recovered after cleaning. These functions maintain constant printing and reduce waste printing due to defective nozzles.
- Newly developed high-performance UV curing ink
The high-performance LUS-120 UV ink is newly developed for SIJ-320UV and possesses durability and flexibility.
- Simultaneous twin-roll printing enhances productivity
・Simultaneous printing on two rolls is possible. The maximum mountable media width is 1,524 mm for each role; this capability increases printing productivity.
Production Example of SIJ-320UV
Anti-banding system—Mimaki Advanced Pass System (MAPS) 4
Mimaki’s unique MAPS3 anti-banding system has been improved to MAPS4.
Unwanted visible banding on the swath boundaries is reduced by overprinting between swaths with a reduced number of ink droplets.
New image-processing technique reduces tone jumps and uneven color printing
Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 (MFD1) has been recently added to the bundled RasterLink6 RIP software. MFD1 reduces the noise that is generated in image data during image processing and enables the production of better print results without tone jumps or uneven colors.
Superior inkjet technology
Mimaki’s superior inkjet technology accurately places the ink droplets without losing their perfect circularity. This ensures that texts, lines, and edges are clearly and sharply printed.
Various ink droplet sizes (large, medium, and small) are precisely placed and exhibit nongrainy, smooth, large-format printing. Dark and light color differences are clearly presented, even in high-speed mode, by utilizing the largest 36 pl droplet size.
Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) and Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) ensure stable printing operation
The NCU detects and cleans clogged nozzles automatically. If clogging is not resolved after cleaning, the NRS selects substitute nozzles to continue the printing operation. These functions allow the printer to maintain productivity until a technician arrives.
Efficient twin-roll simultaneous printing
A different print job can be printed on each roll simultaneously
Taking advantage of the 3,200-mm printing width, two media rolls can be mounted for simultaneous printing. Different print jobs (or the same print job) can be printed on two separate rolls. The user can select the preferred width separately for each roll, within a specified range (210 to 1,524 mm).
Simple media loading
Rolled media can be easily loaded because of a design improvement.
This improvement provides increased safety and reduces the time for preparation.
Easy media loading
Tension release device
Advanced media feeding mechanism
Newly designed pinch rollers are used for more accurate media transportation to provide high-quality printing.
LUS-120: Newly developed, high-performance UV curing ink
The newly developed, high-performance LUS-120 UV curing ink possesses superior durability and flexibility. These two opposite properties provide beautiful and durable printing on flexible banner materials that cannot be laminated.
High speed (4-color: C M Y K)
Super-draft mode allows rapid printing at a maximum printing speed of 110 m2/h. High-density print mode is available for front/backlit signage applications.
|Head||On-demand piezo head (4 staggered printheads)|
|Print resolution||300 dpi, 600 dpi, 900 dpi, and 1,200 dpi|
|Ink droplet size||Minimum: 7 pl Maximum: 36 pl|
|1.7 mm / 1.9 mm / 2.6 mm / 3.3 mm
(Distance between the platen and the print head)
|Ink||Type||LED-UV ink LUS-120|
|Color||C, M, Y, K|
|Packaging||1 liter ink bottle
Ink can be filled up to 3 liters per ink container of the printer.
|Maximum print width||3,200 mm (126 in)|
|Maximum media width||3,250 mm (127.9 in)
(Twin rolls printing with a small drive shaft: 1,524 mm (60 in) × 2)
|Minimum media width||210 mm (8.2 in)|
|Media thickness||1.0 mm or less|
|Roll outer diameter||Large drive shafts : Φ250 mm or less
Small drive shaft with roll holders : Φ180mm or less
|Roll weight||Large drive shafts : 100 kg or less
Small drive shaft with roll holders : 25 kg or less
|Power supply||AC 200–240V ± 10% 50/60Hz ±1 Hz, 15 A or less|
|Power consumption||3.6 kW or less|
|Temperature||20 – 30 °C (68 – 86 °F)|
|Humidity||35–65 %Rh (No condensing)|
|Temperature accuracy||20 – 25 °C (68 – 77 °F)|
|Temperature gradient||Less than ± 10 °C/h (± 18 °F/h)|
|Dust||0.15 mg/㎥ (Equivalent to normal office level)|
|Dimensions (W×D×H)||5,410 mm × 995 mm × 1,440 mm (213 x 39.2 x 56.7 in)|
|Shipping dimensions (W×D×H)||5,750 mm × 1,140 mm × 1,210 mm (226.4 x 44.9 x 47.6 in)|
|Weight||850 kg (1873.9 lb)|
|C M Y K|
- Some of the screens and printing samples in this website are artificial renderings.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Inkjet printers print using extremely fine dots, thus colors may vary slightly following replacement of the printing heads. Also note that if using multiple printer units, colors may vary slightly among the units due to slight individual differences among the units.
Inks and substrates:
- Please note that properties and adhesion, weather resistance etc. of ink and substrates can vary. Therefore please test materials before printing.
- Some substrates require primer before printing. Please test materials beforehand or ask your sales representative.
You are dealing with UV light sources that may harm your health. Please follow below guidelines strictly:
- Do not look directly into the UV light source nor place your hand, or expose your skin directly to the UV light source.
- Depending upon print mode, there might occur some VOC emittance from printed parts not yet cured and hardened.
- In addition, please read the instructions and guidelines of the manual carefully and follow those.