3.2 m Wide UV Inkjet Printer Expands Your Business
The UJV55-320, 3.2 m-wide LED-UV inkjet printer, offers high cost performance and expands your business.
- White ink adds value to prints
- The combination of white and color inks adds values to transparent media print.
- UV-curable inks form thicker ink films compared to other inks, which reduce light transmission through the colored area, even with backlit signage, enabling finishing with vivid coloring. Moreover, white ink also enables three-layer printing with color + white + color. This feature ensures a beautiful color reproduction for backlit signs at any time of day and night.
- Built-in LED light allows an operator to check a quality of printing for backlit signage during printing operation
LED light is installed to the front side of the machine. An operator can check a quality of printing under almost the same conditions as being used for the backlit signage.
- High productivity leveraged by the 3.2-m-wide LED-UV printer
- The new model does not require drying, allowing processing and operation immediately after printing, thereby reducing the total operation time.
- High printing speed of 60m2/h is achieved on banner material in a high-speed mode (300 × 600 dpi, 4 pass).
- The 3.2-m width allows twin roll print capability.
- Solutions for uninterrupted printing operations
Nozzle check unit (NCU) automatically detects and cleans clogged nozzles. Moreover, the nozzle recovery system (NRS) uses only good nozzles as substitutes, if the clogged nozzles are not recovered after cleaning. These functions maintain constant printing and reduce waste printing due to defective nozzles.
- Mimaki’s superior print-image quality control technology
- Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 (MFD1), a patented dithering technique, is incorporated in the Mimaki RIP RasterLink6 software.
- Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4) reduces banding and uneven color printing.
- The “waveform control” technique ensures ink droplet landing accuracy.
Production Example of UJV55-320
White ink delivers added-value print
White ink enhances the quality of graphic design
On transparent media, white base layer print enhances color vibrancy of an upper color layer. The three-layer printing (base layer: color, middle layer: white, upper layer: color) enables the creation of window signs that are beautiful from any angle. Furthermore, when the image file is printed only in white, an appearance of printing is very stylish. Such printing method broadens an application of white ink printing.
Backlit signage for beautiful colors during day and night
UV-curable inks form thicker ink films compared to other inks such as solvent inks and maintain vibrant colors when using for backlit signage. Also, white ink enables three-layer printing (color + white + color). In general, only color UV inks are used for multi-layer printing to increase the degree of opacity but the print appears dark on the sign-board during the day, when internal illuminations are off. UJV55-320 enables beautiful coloring reproduction during both day and night by introducing a white layer in the three-layer printing. This allows the design of beautiful backlit signage that can be adjusted according to application, location, and graphic design file.
― Front and Cross-section Views of Backlit Signage ―
Built-in LED light for checking a quality of print
Built-in LED light is useful for checking the print appearance on the backlit signage before taking up the print. This capability minimizes waste media because an operator can stop printing immediately when misprint or other problems are found. Furthermore, the productivity is also increased by printing and performing a print quality check simultaneously
High productivity leveraged by the 3.2-m-wide LED-UV printer
Instant dry UV curable ink
UV-curable inks are instantaneously cured by UV irradiation; thus, no drying time is needed. The ability to carry out processing and operations immediately after printing shortens the operation time, improves productivity, and helps meet a short delivery time.
Productivity of high-speed mode with a printing speed of 60m2/h
The new model achieves a printing speed of 60m2/h in high-speed mode on banner material. In order to deliver excellent print results and productivity, we provide optimal profiles that meet various media types and print resolutions.
Taking advantage of the 3,200 mm printing width, two media rolls can be mounted and can be printed on simultaneously*. This function enables operating different print jobs at once. The user may select the preferable widths separately for each roll within a specified range from 210 to 1,524 mm. Each media width and the distance between the two media rolls are automatically detected.
* The same media type should be used when printing on two media rolls simultaneously.
Uninterrupted printing solutions
Useful functions are similar to excellent assistants. Clogged nozzles are automatically detected and recovered without causing inconvenience to users. The nozzle check unit (NCU) automatically detects clogged nozzles and operates cleaning; whereas, the Nozzle recovery unit (NRS) uses only good nozzles as substitutes, if the clogged nozzles are not recovered after cleaning. These functions allow constant printing and reduce waste printing due to defective nozzles.
NCU automatically detects and recovers clogged nozzles
Clogged nozzles are detected automatically by monitoring ink droplets with sensors. When clogged nozzles are located, these are automatically cleaned, reducing waste printing. Nozzles are checked per transfer file.
NRS for maintaining productivity
If the clogged nozzles are not recovered after cleaning through the NCU function, the NRS selects substitute nozzles and then restarts printing. This is a significant novelty, since previously, when nozzle cleaning fails, the printhead has to be repaired by a technician, and the printing operation ceases until the printhead is repaired. The NRS* allows the printer to continue printing without interruption by using non-defective nozzles as substitutes for defective nozzles until the technician arrives.
* NRS may not be activated depending on print modes.
Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) maintains white ink print quality
MCT circulates white ink at regular intervals to prevent pigment sedimentation. The MCT achieves stable inkjet even soon after turning on the machine. Additionally, this technology reduces white ink waste and therefore it provides eco-friendly and economical print operation.*
* MCT works only with white ink.
Mimaki’s unique quality-control techniques
MFD1— Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1
Dithering is an image processing technique, which transforms image data for inkjet printing. Pattern and error-diffusion dithering may, however, generate particular image noise resulting in uneven color printing or tone jumps, even on a high-performance printing unit.
The newly developed RasterLink6 software, incorporating the patented* image-processing MFD1, reduces noises due to dithering through hybrid processing of pattern- and error-diffusion dithering, thereby enhancing printing quality.
* Patent number: 5230816
MAPS4 (Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4)
Generally, swath boundaries are straight lines. Therefore, a slight misalignment between boundaries causes banding or uneven color printing. In order to reduce such unwanted printing, Mimaki has developed MAPS. The UJV55-320 is the world’s first printer that uses the latest MAPS4 technique, incorporating the most advanced algorithm for spattering boundaries between print swathes. Beautiful quality print outs are produced even in high-speed printing and lengthy printing operations.
Each ink color has its own specific gravity and viscosity. To achieve a precise placement of ink droplets onto the media, Mimaki has designed an optimum waveform control technique that allows the printhead to jet each ink color at an optimum angle, maintaining excellent ink droplet circularity. In each printing mode, ink droplet sizes from 7 pl to 36 pl are automatically selected to obtain optimum print results.
|Printhead||On-demand piezo head
(Printheads are arranged in four staggered lines)
|Print resolutions||300dpi, 600dpi, 900dpi, 1,200dpi|
|Head gap||4 gap settings (1.7mm / 1.9mm / 2.6mm / 3.3mm）|
|Maximum print width||3,200 mm (126 in)|
|Maximum media width||3,250 mm (127.9 in)
(When roll holders are used:1,620mm (63.7 in) × 1)
(Twin-roll printing with roll holders: 1,524 mm (60 in) × 2)
|Minimum media width||210 mm (8.2 in)
(Twin-roll printing: 210 mm (8.2 in) × 2)
|Ink||Type/ Color||LUS-120 (C, M, Y, K, Lc, Lm, W)|
|Packaging||1L ink bottle
Each ink color can be filled up to 3 liters in the ink supply unit.
|Media thickness||1.0 mm or less|
|Roll outer diameter||Large drive shaft: Φ250 mm (9.8 in) or less
Roll holder: Φ180mm (7 in) or less
|Roll weight||Large drive shaft: 100kg (220.5 lb) or less
Roll holder: 18kg (39.7 lb) or less
|Interface||Ethernet 1000BASE-T / USB2.0|
|Power supply||AC200 - 240V±10％ 50/60Hz ±1Hz 18A or less|
|Power consumption||4.3kW or less|
|Temperature: 20–30 °C (68–86 °F)
Humidity: 35–65 %Rh (No condensing)
|Dimensions (W×D×H)||5,410 mm × 995 mm × 1,440 mm (213 in × 39.2 in × 56.7 in)
(Dimensions of the ink supply unit is excluded.)
|5,680 mm × 1,220 mm × 1,440 mm (223.6 in × 48 in × 56.7 in)
(Dimensions of the ink supply unit is included.)
|Weight||910kg (2,006 lb) (Weight of the ink supply unit is included.)|
|C M Y K|
|C M Y K Lc Lm W|
- Some of the screens and printing samples in this website are artificial renderings.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Inkjet printers print using extremely fine dots, thus colors may vary slightly following replacement of the printing heads. Also note that if using multiple printer units, colors may vary slightly among the units due to slight individual differences among the units.
- Please note that properties and adhesion, weather resistance etc. of ink and substrates can vary. Therefore please test materials before printing.
- Some substrates require primer before printing. Please test materials beforehand or ask your sales representative.
You are dealing with UV light sources that may harm your health. Please follow below guidelines strictly:
- Do not look directly into the UV light source nor place your hand, or expose your skin directly to the UV light source.
- Depending upon print mode, there might occur some VOC emittance from printed parts not yet cured and hardened.
- In addition, please read the instructions and guidelines of the manual carefully and follow those.